|FAIRCHILD C-82 PACKET|
Welcome to the
official website dedicated to the history
of the World's first purpose built, twin-boom cargo transport.
Designed and authored by Simon Beck.
The author collects any and all photos and material relating to the
Fairchild C-82 Packet, The Flight of the Phoenix film and Steward-Davis Inc.
Some pages on this website have been
withdrawn for a period while the book is in print.
AVAILABLE AFTER MID 2017
Aviation Historian Simon D. Beck has spent ten years researching
the subject of the Fairchild C-82 Packet and has now completed
the leading comprehensive volume on this aircraft. Included in this
one of a kind book is:
- A detailed technical description of the C-82 Packet.
- Sections covering USAF and foreign military history.
- In-depth civil operator details and lists.
- The complete individual histories of all 224 airframes.
- Multiple appendices and tables.
- Over 200 unique stills and diagrams.
- The first published history of C-82 company Steward-Davis Inc.
- A unique look at the C-82 film The Flight of the Phoenix (1965).
McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, USA.
Available in print or ebook formats. Image is concept art only.
AT caverock DOT net DOT nz
DO NOT download photographs for commercial purposes
such as magazines without prior permission from the author!
Visitors since April 2009:
Some tables may not format correctly depending on screen resolution.
Website designed at 1440 x 900 pixels using a 19-inch monitor.